Easy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
Crispy, crunchy, addicting Parmesan Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Tenders are made with freshly grated parmesan cheese and flavorful spices for a quick weeknight dinner the whole family will love. Make a little, make a lot….this easy Chicken Tenders recipe is on repeat weekly at our house.
Three day weekends always throw me for a loop. Plus, I’ve been in a cake coma for the entire duration which also causes some issues and I’m totally dreading the sugar crash I’m about to have in a few days. I instructed my husband to throw out the last of the cake and coat it with dish soap in the trashcan because….let’s be real, cake isn’t safe in my house if it’s on the top of the trashcan. I’m not even embarrassed to say that.
So, I just ate another two slices and haven’t worked out in three days. I know I’m going to regret it tomorrow but BOY was it good cake! Now, for the rest of the week I’ll be making some super flavorful, healthy, easy dinners to keep my tastebuds happy and these Oven Baked Chicken Tenders are on the menu.
Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
They’re totally super easy to make and you can kind of customize them to fit your family’s tastes. Parmesan and panko chicken tenders baked in the oven with a variety of seasonings to boost the flavor without adding a ton of calories. My little guy loves the crispy chicken tenders and the parmesan cheese makes them extra crunchy on the outside while keeping them tender and juicy on the inside.
How To Make Them
Making crispy Chicken Tenders in the oven is really easy to do. It’s almost like making Oven Fried Chicken Tenders but without all the butter required for the ‘frying.’
In a small shallow bowl, whisk together the parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs.
In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Season with salt and pepper.
In a third shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, cayenne (you can omit this if sensitive to spice), garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Dredge the chicken tenders first in the flour mixture, then the egg wash and finally the panko crumbs pressing gently to help the crumbs stick to the chicken.
Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and coated with cooking spray.
Drizzle the chicken with a small amount of olive oil and bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over carefully with tongs or a spatula and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Ingredients You Will Need
I like to use simple ingredients you can keep on hand for this recipe. Then you can whip them up at a moments notice. The ingredients you’ll need for this easy chicken tender recipe are:
- boneless, skinless chicken breast strips or tenders
- panko bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
The process for making the chicken tenders is so easy and fun, the kids can even help you get dinner on the table. The dredging process is a great task for them to take on….just make sure they have clean hands. Right?
How long do you cook Chicken Tenders in the oven?
I like to bake my chicken fingers in a 425 degree oven for maximum crispness. Depending on how thick your chicken is they should be done in approximately 20-25 minutes. If you have thicker cut chicken tenders you may need to add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Check your chicken breast tenders for doneness at about 15 minutes, especially if your tenders were cut on the thinner side.
Now you can enjoy your chicken fingers with your favorite sides and dipping sauces.
Dips for Breaded Chicken Tenders:
- A little sweet, a little spicy….Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.
- Easy and from scratch….Thousand Island Dressing
- Super easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- Avocado Ranch Dressing is totally my FAVORITE
- Best EVER Buffalo Sauce
- This Roasted Garlic Aioli is next level!
Favorite Side Dishes
- Super easy Macaroni and Cheese….10 minutes and it’s on the table!
- Classic Coleslaw is quick and tangy.
- Chopped Italian Pasta Salad…always a kid hit!
- Caprese Tortellini Salad…five ingredients! That’s it!
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries…OMG!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts….so easy.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts.
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- EASY Chick-fil-a Chicken Nuggets that are faster than take out!
We also are totally loving these easy Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders…..you will, too!
Get the Recipe: Easy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- In a small shallow bowl, whisk together the parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a third shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, cayenne (you can omit this if sensitive to spice), garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken tenders first in the flour mixture, then the egg wash and finally the panko crumbs pressing gently to help the crumbs stick to the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle the chicken with a small amount of olive oil and bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over carefully with tongs or a spatula and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.