Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Super easy to make Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is the ultimate party dip for every occasion. Chopped spinach, artichokes, garlic and tons of melty cheese make this simple Baked Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip one you’ll crave on a weekly basis.
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Let’s talk about sports…..if you’ve been here for awhile, you already know I’m only into sporting events for the snacks. It’s like a free pass to eat whatever you want when there’s a big game on and right now….it’s March Madness. So, bring on the dips….all the dips….especially Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip!
This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip is seriously amazing. I’ve never really been a fan of the Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip you see at every gathering….you know the one. The dip that’s served in that hollowed out pumpernickel loaf with the scraps arranged “artfully” around the bread bowl. For dipping.
Someone brought one once to a party I was hosting and you know who liked it the most? My cat. Yep, she, rudely, perched herself on the table (I know, so gross) and went to town on that spinach dip. She loved it. And so….I’ve never dipped into that one again. PLUS….I’m more a fan of the melty, cheesy, creamy dips like the Best Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip ever made. This is the one.
I’m starting to amass a collection of dips here at The Suburban Soapbox….in fact, I have so many I could actually host a dip party. One where all you have to bring is your own crackers or a bag of chips to dip into all night long. Or not….the more I think about it the more I actually hate that idea so much. That’s one for when we’re ancient and no longer have our own teeth.
What is Spinach Artichoke Dip
This Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is made with ingredients you can find without breaking a sweat at your local grocery store. Things like frozen cut leaf spinach, frozen artichoke hearts, lots of cheese and a few other things.
It’s all blended together and baked until bubbling then served hot with crackers, veggies or a big old spoon.
Ingredients for Spinach Artichoke Dip
Like I mentioned a second ago, this super cheesy spinach dip is made with easy to find ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese – Make sure your cheese is room temperature before beginning so it blends smoothly.
- Mayonnaise – Your favorite mayonnaise will do but don’t use a low fat or fat free mayonnaise. The dip could separate.
- Pepper Jack Cheese – If you don’t like any spice, then you can replace with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – Your favorite sharp cheddar will work, don’t use low fat or fat free and freshly grated is the best bet.
- parmesan cheese – Not from a can, freshly grated parmesan cheese will make your dip the best ever.
- onion – Finely mince so you don’t have big pieces of onion in your dip.
- garlic – Fresh, finely minced garlic.
- worcestershire sauce – If you want to up your dip game, use fish sauce instead!
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper – Sensitive to spice, you can skip the cayenne.
- lemon juice – Freshly squeezed, please.
- kosher salt
- spinach – If using frozen, be sure to squeeze out the excess water completely or you’ll have watery dip.
- artichoke hearts – Frozen are used here but you can also use freshly steamed artichoke hearts if you want. We sometimes use leftover steamed artichokes.
It looks like a lot of ingredients but I assure you, it’s not. You probably have most of them in your kitchen already. This easy spinach dip recipe is definitely one of those dips you can whip up at a moment’s notice.
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven.
- With a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese, minced onion, garlic clove, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion power, cayenne, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Fold in the spinach and artichokes.
- Spread the dip in a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with crackers, veggies or chips!
So, sooooooo easy to make and it’s even BETTER than Applebee’s Spinach Artichoke Dip! AND you don’t even have to leave your house.
Every time I host a party, this spinach and artichoke dip is the highlight of the appetizer table. I assemble it in advance so all I have to do is pop it in the oven right before my guests arrive so it’s bubbling and gooey when the dip into it. Spinach Artichoke Dip is always the first thing to vanish at every single gathering.
You can even assemble this cheesy dip up to 3 days in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You cannot freeze this Spinach Artichoke Dip because the ingredients could separate and become watery upon thawing.
If you want to make things even easier….you can totally make this Artichoke Spinach Dip in your slow cooker or crock pot! Just combine the ingredients and add them to you slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3 hours and then serve. Sooooooo easy!
What To Serve It With
My favorite things to serve at a party with this easy spinach dip are:
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Easy Parmesan Crisps
- Everything Spiced Parmesan Crisps
- Everything Sourdough Crackers
More Easy Dip Recipes for entertaining!
- The Very Best Buffalo Chicken Dip…a must have
- Hot Artichoke Asiago Dip….like this one without the spinach.
- MY FAVORITE Hot Crab Dip.….totally famous.
- BEST EVER White Queso Dip
- Easy Chili Cheese Dip
- 7 Layer Mexican Hummus Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip…..so easy
- Super simple Crab Rangoon Dip!!
- Classic Knorr Spinach Dip!
Get the Recipe: Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen, thawed cut leaf spinach, squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen, thawed artichoke hearts, squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the 3/4 cup pepper jack, 3/4 cup cheddar, parmesan, onion, garlic, worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, lemon juice, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the spinach and artichokes. Transfer to a small baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot with crackers, crostini or vegetables.