Baked Parmesan Truffle Fries
CRISPY Baked Parmesan Truffle Fries are the easy way to bring a little fancy to your family dinner table. Simple to make with potatoes, parmesan cheese and truffle BUTTER, these French fries are nothing short of crazy amazing.
I’m a French fry freak….and I’m not sorry about it. A crispy French fry is my weakness and my total diet downfall but life is too short to shun our favorite foods. Am I right?
The only thing better than a humble French fry are Parmesan Truffle Fries and with just one bite, you’ll know why.
I did try to health things up a bit by baking my French fries but, let’s just be real here, they are not totally healthy. But they’re totally worth it.
PARMESAN TRUFFLE FRIES
Almost every restaurant in the United States has some type of truffle fries on the menu but my favorite are those that are tossed with a healthy sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Truffles are a type of fungi related to the mushroom that grow underground. Not to be confused with the chocolate variety, this savory treat is often expensive when purchased in it’s whole state, but is affordable to enjoy the flavor in butter, oils, salt and honey.
Parmesan Truffle Fries are crispy, crunchy potato French fries that are tossed with truffle oil or truffle butter before being served with grated parmesan cheese.
Most truffle fries are made with truffle oil, but most oils have a synthetic flavor and are quite expensive.
I prefer to use melted truffle butter on my French fries because the truffle in the butter is natural and has a less pungent flavor. It’s pretty easy to find in most well-stocked grocery stores but if you can’t find it, you can use truffle oil in it’s place.
WHAT IS TRUFFLE BUTTER?
Truffle butter is a spread made with butter, truffles and other ingredients such as mushrooms, and synthetic truffle flavorings. It can contain either white or black truffles, with the black truffles having a stronger truffle flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY BAKED FRIES
There are a few tricks to ensure you have crispy French fries when you bake them in the oven.
Here’s how to make crispy baked French fries:
Cut potatoes into thin matchstick fries.
Soak the potatoes in cold water for 1 hour prior to baking.
Drain and pat dry.
Toss the potatoes in olive oil and season with salt.
Bake the potatoes spread in an even layer on a baking sheet.
Bake at 450˚F for 30-35 minutes until crispy and golden.
HOW TO MAKE TRUFFLE FRIES
Once you’re French fries are baked and crispy and golden brown, melt the truffle butter and toss with the fries immediately.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese, salt and chopped parsley on the fries then serve immediately.
If you’re thinking of something more garlic-y, you can toss your fries with this Garlic Butter Sauce before sprinkling with cheese….you won’t regret it. I promise you that!
WHAT TO SERVE THEM WITH
These easy Parmesan Truffle Fries are fantastic with just about anything and you can go as basic or fancy as you want.
MORE EASY POTATO RECIPES
If you love these easy baked French fries, you should also try these Potatoes Lyonnaise...they’re buttery and fantastic.
Get the Recipe: Baked Parmesan Truffle Fries
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp black truffle butter
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into matchstick slices.
- Place the potatoes in bowl filled with water. Allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the potatoes to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment in a single layer so no fries are overlapping.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the potatoes with a spatula and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until crispy.
- While the fries finish baking, melt the truffle butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove the fries from the oven and drizzle with the butter. Season with salt and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.