Easy English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Kick it old school with an English Muffin Pizza! Super simple to make in just minutes, this childhood classic is so much fun to make. Kids can customize their own for a simple at home pizza party on the fly!
English Muffin Pizza
Oh my gosh….do you remember English Muffin Pizza from being a kid? I totally do….it was one of my favorite “treats” when I was growing up. And when I was a broke single mom. I stopped making them for some reason but a few weeks ago I was desperate for a pizza for the little guy and totally did not want to Door Dash AGAIN.
So, I rummaged up some ingredients I had around the house….English Muffins, our favorite pizza sauce and shredded cheese to whip up this simple classic for Landon. And what do you know, this English Muffin Pizza recipe was an instant hit!
We love that you can totally customize your very own mini pizza and you can make them in a conventional oven or a toaster oven. Landon loved his English Muffin Pizza with just cheese….no frills for that guy but I love loading mine up with all the veggies….and pepperoni.
Easy English Muffin Pizzas are great for back to school BECAUSE you can whip them up easily for busy weeknight dinners and we’re packing them in our lunchbox this year, too! If you stack them in a large enough thermos with a piece of wax paper in between they’ll stay warm for a mid day lunch.
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
Simple in an understatement when it comes to these mini pizzas. Three ingredients to start off with unlimited topping choices that let you do you. This is so perfect for little guys who think that mom is a short order cook.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Arrange the english muffin halves on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment cut side up.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on top of the english muffin half and spread to coat the entire surface….and nooks and crannies!
Sprinkle about 1 1/2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella on top of the sauce (more if you want “extra cheese) being sure to cover evenly.
Add toppings, if desired.
Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
If you want to add extra flavor and crunch, brush the tops of the english muffin with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, oregano, italian seasoning and a bit of garlic powder. Bake for 3-4 minutes before adding the sauce and cheese. Follow directions for baking after the cheese is added.
To make sure your English Muffin Pizzas are not soggy, be sure not to add too much sauce…..one tablespoon is more than enough sauce. To be extra cautious, or to add extra crunch….bake your english muffins naked for 4 minutes to lightly toast them before adding sauce and toppings.
We love a softer crust with a little crunch so we stick with the standard method of baking as I mentioned above.
How To Make in the Microwave
Even though the method of baking English Muffin Pizzas in the toaster oven or oven is preferable, sometimes you just have to resort to using the microwave.
To make your English Muffin Pizza in the microwave successfully, follow these steps:
Toast your english muffins in the toaster for 4 minutes or until the desired level of crispiness.
Place your english muffin halves on a microwave safe plate cut side up.
Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce over the top of the english muffin.
Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella over the sauce.
Microwave your pizza for 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
How To Freeze
You can make ahead English Muffin Pizza in big batches and freeze them for even EASIER weeknight dinners! PLUS, if you’re a mom (or dad) that works outside the home and the little guys beat you home….they can reheat their own pizza to stave off the hangries until dinner! All without burning down the house. Winning at dinner over here!
- Follow recipe instructions for assembling and baking your pizzas.
- Allow the pizzas to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Place the pizzas on a baking sheet and transfer to the freezer.
- Freeze until firm.
- Wrap each pizza in plastic wrap and then transfer to a freezer bag.
- English Muffin Pizza can be frozen for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Frozen English Muffin Pizza
- Reheat your pizza in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes or until hot.
- Reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- You can also thaw your pizza in the refrigerator and enjoy cold. Cold pizza for breakfast, anyone? Anyone?
What To Serve With Them
I like to serve something light and fresh with pizza but not all kids will eat salad.
So here are a few sides we love:
- Garlic Parmesan Baked Asparagus
- And easy Fruit Salad is always a win!
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries Recipe
More Easy Pizza Recipes
- No Fail Pizza Dough
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Pizza
- California Club Pizza
- Southwestern Tuna Pizza
- Easy Pizza Snack Mix
Get the Recipe: Easy English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 3 English Muffins, split
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, if desired
- Toast your english muffins in the toaster for 4 minutes or until the desired level of crispiness.
- Place your english muffin halves on a microwave safe plate cut side up.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce over the top of the english muffin.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella over the sauce.
- Microwave your English Muffin Pizza for 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.