Creamy, cheesy and perfect for parties, this is the BEST Hot Crab Dip recipe around. So easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, a hint of heat and big meaty chunks of crab. Your cracker may just not be enough, you’ll need a shovel for this one.
My mom used to have a lot of parties when I was little….at least that’s what I remember. Tupperware, Home Interiors, Princess House…..AVON. Who remembers Avon? And those little lipstick samples. Those tiny little tubes of glamorous heaven, at least to me. I loved to steal the samples and stash them away in my room, then try everything on and attempt to sneak out of the house looking as if I was getting ready to go clubbing. But I was going to school. Elementary school. Not quite the right environment for DIY makeup experiments when you’re 10 years old. But other than the Avon samples, I always loved the little appetizers my mom would serve….like melty cheesy dips and chips. She used to serve a crab dip quite often and I loved when she served it hot. That ooey gooey, cheese with hunks of crab perched on a cracker was almost better than those little tubes of lipstick.
I never got my hands on the exact dip recipe since my mom is no longer friends with the shellfish….so I came up with my own and I have to say…it is the Very BEST Hot Crab Dip in the world. Creamy, cheesy and slightly spicy from a bit of Tabasco sauce. Ok, maybe a lot of Tabasco but it pairs perfectly with the whole deal. I added a bit of Pepper Jack cheese to the mix to up the heat just a bit but don’t worry, it’s not fire in your mouth spicy. It’s just lends a bit of pep to the dip that is a welcome addition when you pop it in your mouth.
The Very Best Hot Crab Dip couldn’t be simpler to make, you’ll mix everything up in a bowl then spread it in a baking dish. Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes until melty and bubbling then serve hot. It’s great at room temperature too but trust me when I say…there won’t be anything left by the time it gets to room temperature. It’s the perfect addition to all your holiday parties and would be just heavenly alongside these stuffed mushrooms or these pigs in a blanket. And don’t forget the deviled eggs…they belong at every single gathering. Now, go put on your lipstick and let’s get this party season started!
The Very Best Hot Crab Dip
- 8 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, or other hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab, picked over for shells
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the pepper jack, cheddar, onion, garlic, worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the crab and transfer to a small baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot with crackers, crostini or vegetables.
|Serving Size||2 tablespoons|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 487kcal Calories from fat 240|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|