Easy Ranch Oyster Crackers
Three ingredients Ranch Oyster Crackers are the best party starter for every occasion. Dry ranch seasoning, butter and oyster crackers are tossed to combine then baked for the most addicting and satisfying snack.
Oyster crackers may seem so insignificant and simple. They’re a little on the dry side by themselves making them perfect for tossing into soups or serving alongside a salad. They don’t seem like something you’d toss willy nilly into your mouth as an enjoyable snack…until now.
I’ve been seeing seasoned oyster crackers popping up in the stores now and boy, am I hooked. But there are only like two flavors that I’ve seen and really…I need more choices than that. So, here is the first of many more seasoned cracker recipes…..the OG Ranch Oyster Crackers.
They’re quick, they’re simple and they’re so totally amazingly addictive. Every ranch lover I know just can’t get enough of them and they’re fantastic for parties. What’s best is you can make these easy Ranch Crackers in advance and store in a airtight container for days!
RANCH OYSTER CRACKERS
Also known as water crackers, oyster crackers are most often served alongside a plate of oysters or with oyster stew. They’re lightly salted and smallish in size. You can find them in just about any well stocked grocery store.
Tossed with a little melted butter and some dry ranch seasoning mix, you can turn your ho hum oyster crackers into a ranch fans favorite snack!
HOW TO MAKE RANCH OYSTER CRACKERS
This simple snack takes minutes to prep and uses only three ingredients.
Here’s how you make them:
- Add the oyster crackers to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour over the crackers. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the oyster crackers and stir to combine.
- Spread the oyster crackers in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the oyster crackers for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The ranch seasoning will dry as they cool.
- Transfer to an airtight container or serve immediately.
How simple is that? For a fun and spicy variation, add 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to the ranch seasoning mix before tossing with the oyster crackers.
Your Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers will last in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
TIPS FOR MAKING SEASONED OYSTER CRACKERS
- Crackers – Be sure to use the best oyster crackers you can find. I like to use Nabisco or OTC oyster crackers but you’ll also want to make sure they’re fresh and not stale. Nobody likes a soft cracker.
- Butter – I use salted butter for this seasoned oyster cracker recipe. You can use unsalted butter but then you may want to add a pinch of salt to balance the flavors just a bit.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – Any brand of ranch seasoning mix will work well for this recipe but I like to take it one step further and use my HOMEMADE Ranch Seasoning Mix. It’s super simple and ready in seconds.
We like to serve our Ranch Oyster Cracker recipe with just about everything. They’re fantastic as a starter for a game day party alongside your favorite Buffalo Wings or throw a handful into a bowl of this easy Tomato Basil Bisque.
You can also use them as an alternative to croutons on a salad or served with your favorite cheese dip for a double punch of amazing flavor. We love to dip them in this Buffalo Chicken Dip…..it’s totally bonkers amazing.
Looking for more easy snacks to nosh on? We love this easy Pizza Snack Mix and THIS easy White Cheddar Popcorn. If you’re more of a sweet tooth, like myself, you’ll love this Birthday Cake Puppy Chow!
Easy Ranch Oyster Crackers Recipe
- baking sheet
- 9 ounces oyster crackers
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour the oyster crackers into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the butter over the crackers and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the crackers and stir to combine.
- Spread the crackers in an even layer on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the oyster crackers for 15-20 minutes tossing once halfway through cooking.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the crackers to an airtight container and store at room temperature or enjoy immediately.