Lemon Parmesan Sauteed Green Beans
Lemon Parmesan Sauteed Green Beans are the perfect fresh, zesty, and flavorful side dish to accompany pretty much any entree! Plus, they’re wonderfully quick and easy to make. Enjoy these green beans as a part of your weeknight dinner with the family or serve them at a dinner party with guests – they’ll be a big hit no matter what!
Lemon Parmesan Sauteed Green Beans
The holidays are just around the corner, which means the season of hearty, heavy, and super filling meals is upon us! Lighten things up a bit with side dishes like these easy to make lemon parmesan sauteed green beans! They’re loaded with flavor from ingredients like fresh lemon zest and juice, grated parmesan cheese, and just a pinch of salt. While this recipe may be healthy and simple, make no mistake – it’s also delicious as can be!
While I love to go seasoning heavy with some recipes, I find that these green beans are best when seasoned with simple notes of fresh lemon and parmesan. That way, the fresh, delightful flavor of the green beans shines through and isn’t overpowered by other seasonings.
However, if you’d like to toss in some black pepper or garlic powder, go for it! This is a pretty customizable recipe when it comes to additional seasonings.
Sauteeing the green beans also yields some seriously good results. On top of being flavored perfectly, they’re also cooked to absolute perfection!
The green beans maintain their crunch while still being a bit softened, which I love. I can’t stand when green beans go limp from being cooked for too long or having too much olive oil doused on them! If you follow this simple recipe, you should also end up with the best sauteed green beans that are cooked, but not overly so.
How to Make Sautéed Green Beans
These easy to make sauteed green beans come together in just about 5 minutes. Yes, really! You’re going to obsess over this easy side dish recipe.
- Heat the oil. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add green beans. When the oil is shimmering, add the green beans.
- Cook the green beans. Cook the green beans, stirring occasionally until the begin to blister and softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir in the lemon zest, juice and parmesan.
- Enjoy! Serve immediately, and enjoy your new favorite side dish!
How long will lemon parmesan sauteed green beans stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, any leftover green beans you have will stay fresh for about 2-3 days. When it’s time to reheat them, I recommend placing them back in the pan with an additional small splash of olive oil to keep them moist. Then just heat them over medium heat until they’re warmed through! I don’t recommend using the microwave if you can help it, only because that’ll kill the green beans crunchiness.
What are the health benefits of green beans?
I’ve been calling this a healthy side dish for a reason! Green beans are a wonderful natural source of vitamin K, calcium, and vitamin C. They’re also super low in calories, fat, and carbs, and high in fiber! This is a side dish you should never, ever feel bad about enjoying seconds of. These perfectly cooked green beans are so healthy for you on top of being tasty as can be!
What should I serve with these sauteed green beans?
Dig into more of my favorite healthy side dishes!
- Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
- Grilled Asparagus in Foil
- Skillet Brussel Sprouts with Apples, Pecans, and Pomegranate
- Green Beans Almondine
- Sautéed Green Beans with Everything Spice and Brown Butter
Get the Recipe: Lemon Parmesan Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the green beans.
- Cook the green beans, stirring occasionally until the begin to blister and softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon zest, juice and parmesan.
- Serve immediately